Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 19: Love is Impossible/Abiding

I think this will be my first abiding experience. I did not score very well. For the next couple of days I will spend time in this area.

I have not been consistent with my love dares either. Its like I saw how well it was working and kind of tapered off of my regimen. But I must get back to it.

My regimen was as follows

-pray when I woke up
-make a cup of coffee
-listen to joyce meyers (while drinking said coffee and taking notes)
-go for a 30 minute walk (Reading love dare and soul ties)
-run up some stairs


I reflected often on my dare and how I would incorporate it. At night I would enter my journal entry on the results.

This is something I am going to get back to this week. I am also going to incorporate more green smoothies because I have been slothful with proper eating habits.

The secret to a healthy marriage:

You cannot manufacture unconditional love (agape love) out of your own imperfect heart. It's impossible. It's beyond yor natural abiity. It's beyond all of our capabilities.

This is true. When I first met my husband. I was in my word all the timelearning about love and how majestic and royal it is. I sought to demonstrate true love and fell in love with a very difficult teenager. I was determined to love him and not let go. BIG PREMATURE MISTAKE. I just did not know how important it would be for me to stay in my word. I became more and more obsessed with proving to him that my love was true than I was concerned about my love for God.

The more I tried, the more difficult he became-Constantly testing me.

My human nature kicked in and the love of God was beginning to drain out. Finally I decided to quit. By this time he realized his mistake in punishing me for my "sweet heart" and decided to turn around and make an effort. It has been about 6 years since then and I am still recovering and he is still tryint to prove to me that he's worth my love.

What my husband does not understand is that the young girl he fell in love with was spirit filled (not spirit led) but she drew away from God. The woman he married, is all carnal. The Spirit of God dwells in me but many times I do not listen. So our love is complicated. But now I am learning and I see what I've done wrong and how I can right these wrongs.

It takes commitment to longsuffer. I have to shed my fears and do this thing or my marriage won't make it.

My love for my husband is not strong enough to keep me from being deceptive, manipulative, lusting after anything or being judgmental. My love is not capabale at keeping my anger at bay. It did not always motivate me to willingly apologize fully forgive or bring peace.

Mankind's sinful condition will keep us from being able to be consistent in a perfect kind of love. We've all fallen short of God's standards.


As for my husband, by the time he came back for me, I could no longer love him. My love cup was completely empty. I used up all my reserves. I was left with a sinful resentful heart, full of bitterness anger and strife. I hated him. I still hate my husband even now. Not my husband, but I hate that boy that I dated and whats worse is that I married that boy and I have a hard time differentiating because I feel like I never walked away from that absuive boy. Although I have enterened into a new relationship and all the old has been cleansed and washed away.

Wow!! Selfish Springs do not produce selfless water.

Thank God I can have the mind of Christ! Love is from God. It is only when we turn away from our selfishness and sincerely ask Jesus to step into our lives and take control of us that our deepest need for love is met and our greatest ability to love begins.

Apart from God I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment