Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 18: Love seeks to Understand: Attention

How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding-Proverbs 3:13

How much do you know about your mate? How often do I seek to understand my husband? I am into my fitness, and eating clean. I read up on it. I follow instagram postings about it. I practice it. Its a struggle but I am persistent.

When Patrick and I were dating, I watched his every move. I noticed that he does not like onions in his food. He doesn't like saucy things either. I learned that he enjoys eating food that is dry. I learned how he manages relationships etc. I know he loves basketball. I know his dreams and aspirations. He now wants to become a cop. Its possible that my thoughts on him have drifted. Above all his things his personality is centered on loyalty and discipline. He does not divide himself.

I have to think of this as a life long journey. Getting to know Patrick and the man of God that he is. His desires are different. Now, Patrick, is bolder in the things of the Lord. He is fearless. I have to ask God how can I accomodate the man he is creating?

Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind.

-This is paramount for me. In my studies I have learned to be self aware. Thinking and exploring my feelings to the umpteenth degree but with no plans. My ways are not the Lords ways so if I want to be obedient to God then I just have to cancel out myself. How can I deny myself?

I am going to make Patrick and I a special dinner. Or, we can buy something outside or drink some Smoothies since he's trying to cut back on sweets and such.

I am going to suggest that we

1. Play Christmas Carols and decorate the house.
2. Discuss what are some ways/plans that we can deny ourselves so that we can make room in our minds to have the mind of Christ.
3. I notice that he is changing. What can I do, what adjustments can I make to help him be God's man? I see that he is more bold.

Questions to further explore.
1. What did I learn about Patrick that I did not know before?

2. How can I continue this process of discovery in other ways, at other times?

3. What were some of the moments that made this evening memorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment