I was taking a walk on the treadmill. Learning about soul-ties. Learning about unhealthy dependence and I was thinking about a friend of mine that I have inordinate affections for. I thought about how crazy my romance thoughts were of him when I was a teenager and how out of order they were then. I thought about how my ideals and affinity for love/marriage/wife status was wrong. I thought about how much I need to separate my idea of romance to unleash myself from this ideals that chokes me out. I felt like someone just took all the colors out of the coloring book-lack luster. Like I didn't care anymore, I didn't want to care. I just wanted to be the wife that I could be, make my husband happy forget about my happiness...finish this race and die! I wanted to die because my dreams of marriage had been shattered. I didn't want to have any further expectations.
I heard the Lord say "keep your allegiance to your husband, but depend on me." I said okay but kept on walking and didn't think much of it until today. Why? Because, first, I was upset and I was going off on a tangent about not wanting to love like I used to love. Second. because I don't really know what an allegiance is. Its not part of my every day language. I can use it in a sentence and everything but I dont really get it.
What is an allegiance?
al·le·giance
əˈlējəns/
noun
noun: allegiance; plural noun: allegiances
1.
loyalty or commitment of a subordinate to a superior or of an individual to a group or cause.
"those wishing to receive citizenship must swear allegiance to the republic"
| antonyms: | disloyalty, treachery |
Origin
late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, variant of Old French ligeance, from lige, liege (see liege), perhaps by association with Anglo-Latin alligantia ‘alliance.
(d) A legal obedience, where a particular law requires the taking of an oath of allegiance by subject or alien alike.
Natural allegiance was acquired by birth within the Sovereign's dominions (except for the issue of diplomats or of invading forces or of an alien in enemy occupied territory). The natural allegiance and obedience is an incident inseparable to every subject, for as soon as they are born they owe by birthright allegiance and obedience to the Sovereign
Natural allegiance was acquired by birth within the Sovereign's dominions (except for the issue of diplomats or of invading forces or of an alien in enemy occupied territory). The natural allegiance and obedience is an incident inseparable to every subject, for as soon as they are born they owe by birthright allegiance and obedience to the Sovereign
1. Loyalty to a superior
2. Those that wish to receive citizenship. So in order to belong you must swear, promise make a proclamation an OATH (marriage oath).
3. synonyms include: faithfulness, fidelity, obedience, homage, devotion.
4. Antonyms include: disloyalty, treachery!
There is a legal allegiance and a natural one.
Legal: requires you to take an oath
Natural: was acquired by birth.
To posses either allegiance, you are required to be obedient.
Obedient to what? The laws that are governed.
What laws are there? There are Gods laws and then there are mans. In USA we respect and obey both. It is not God's law for us to stop at a red light. God says to be obedient to our superiors so when they set laws we follow them. This means that when you run a red light, on purpose or by accident you have just broken the law. You could go to jail, you could be fined you could get a slap on the wrist. It depends. But one thing is for sure if you have a habit of breaking the law...you will be confined! Why? Because you can't be trusted.
IF you are in a true Christian relationship, your husband is using the laws of God to govern how he treats you, speaks to you, love on you, honors you, cherishes you and he should do this as he does unto his own body. God has laws for me too as a wife and I should follow that.
THEN
My husband, being a leader, he has his own laws that he needs followed which demonstrate a natural order that he is accustomed to or sees fit.
There are ALWAYS going to be extreme cases. I am not speaking for the husband who wants his wife to come fill up his coffee and bring it to him in the shower to drink because he can.
I'm not talking about the husband who demands that a wife vaccum 3x a day just because.
I'm not discussing what one should do if there are in an extreme situation, you need to seek further counseling for that.
This is just the basics.
For example. My husband does not believe friends of the opposite sex can be friends. Some husbands do. My husband does not. So, I don't have male friends.
My husband likes a clean house. So, I try to upkeep the house.
My husband likes for me to tell him where I'm going and what time i'll be back; keep him informed. I'm working on this.
2. Those that wish to receive citizenship. So in order to belong you must swear, promise make a proclamation an OATH (marriage oath).
3. synonyms include: faithfulness, fidelity, obedience, homage, devotion.
4. Antonyms include: disloyalty, treachery!
There is a legal allegiance and a natural one.
Legal: requires you to take an oath
Natural: was acquired by birth.
To posses either allegiance, you are required to be obedient.
Obedient to what? The laws that are governed.
What laws are there? There are Gods laws and then there are mans. In USA we respect and obey both. It is not God's law for us to stop at a red light. God says to be obedient to our superiors so when they set laws we follow them. This means that when you run a red light, on purpose or by accident you have just broken the law. You could go to jail, you could be fined you could get a slap on the wrist. It depends. But one thing is for sure if you have a habit of breaking the law...you will be confined! Why? Because you can't be trusted.
IF you are in a true Christian relationship, your husband is using the laws of God to govern how he treats you, speaks to you, love on you, honors you, cherishes you and he should do this as he does unto his own body. God has laws for me too as a wife and I should follow that.
THEN
My husband, being a leader, he has his own laws that he needs followed which demonstrate a natural order that he is accustomed to or sees fit.
There are ALWAYS going to be extreme cases. I am not speaking for the husband who wants his wife to come fill up his coffee and bring it to him in the shower to drink because he can.
I'm not talking about the husband who demands that a wife vaccum 3x a day just because.
I'm not discussing what one should do if there are in an extreme situation, you need to seek further counseling for that.
This is just the basics.
For example. My husband does not believe friends of the opposite sex can be friends. Some husbands do. My husband does not. So, I don't have male friends.
My husband likes a clean house. So, I try to upkeep the house.
My husband likes for me to tell him where I'm going and what time i'll be back; keep him informed. I'm working on this.
Dependance
de·pend·ence
diˈpendəns/
noun
noun: dependence
1.
the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else.
"Japan's dependence on imported oil"
- reliance on someone or something for financial support."the dependence of our medical schools on grant funds"Origin1. The state of being dependent, as for support.2.
a. Subordination to someone or something needed or greatly desired.b. Trust; reliance. See Synonyms at trust.3. The state of being determined, influenced, or controlled by something else.1. the state or fact of being dependent, esp for support or help2. reliance; trust; confidence3. Rare an object or person relied uponSo God wants me to be dependant on him. Now this part I got immediately but i've heard it all the time. I relate it to say to rely upon Him. But I forgot the other parts the other synonyms.
Synonyms include: reliance, trust, hope, confidence, belief, faith, expectation, assurance. Overrelance, need, attachment, vulnerable.
How does one act when they trust in something. Theres a previous expectation so much so that when the expectation is not there we are taken aback. I'm not taken aback by anything of God. If I pray for something and it doesn't happen--i'm not all that surprised. BUT When I pray for something and IT HAPPENS!!! IM SHOCKED! So this means that my trust in God is that he WONT come through. I have no confidence in him.
And then there is the attachment part, the I need you part. I'm uncomfortable if I dont sense you around me part. I don't have that either. My God! We have a lot of work to do! I am not all that vulnerable to Him. I act like I'm better off. I'm like Eve, I doubt that God gave me the best. I want the other stuff, it will give me what I aint got.
Antonyms include disbelief, distrust...and a big doozey INDIFFERENCE!
Indifference. That is the worst place, and I'll tell you why.
See, when you distrust someone you know them enough to know not to trust them. Sometimes it could even be ambiguous, a little on the reluctant side. For example, people who are flip floppy. You want to go talk to them but you don't know which version you're gonna get so you are in limbo. But you know them enough to EXPECT that you can get either or.
To not believe in God is awful and we all struggle with this one way or another but this is the next level. When someone consistently disappoints you, you stop believing in them altogether. "i'll be there I promise" the person says "I don't believe you" not "I dont trust you"
But then, there is indifference YIKES! This is like total knock out level.
You...don't...care...either...way. It really doesn't matter. Its like a child who hardened their heart toward their father. If he comes to her recital she doesn't care. If he doesn't show up, she doesn't notice he's not there. She has no expectations of him whatsoever, he might as well be a complete stranger.
There is no relationship in indifference.So there you have it. Both Allegiance and Dependence have to do with being a subordinate.I need to have an allegiance to God and my husband but I also need to be dependent upon God as well not my husband.I can trust in God, can't trust my husband.God says he will never leave me nor forsake me but my vows said "till death do us part"Think Long term. Don't develop an affinity for the things that will rust, rot away.
No comments:
Post a Comment