Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 14: Love Takes Delight: Affection

One of the things this chapter says is you should not follow your heart, you should lead it!

WOW What an epiphany! to lead my heart! Its so contrary to what you learn in life. But its so beneficial to apply it.

Newly weds feel their love. Its fresh and strong. But over time when it gets tested the strength of it gives a little and a little more. Older weds can have that same freshness if they delight in their spouse. Its a decision. Have an appetite for exactly what your spouse can give to you.

Love that chooses to love is just as beautiful as love that feels like loving. This is an area that I struggle in immensely. Its what I believe is very close to the root of my bad wife behavior. I am not satisfied with the ways of my husband. I believed that I could have better elsewhere. I had many opportunities to leave this man. But I had a fear of failure of leaving him when we were younger. Actually, I think I would have done myself better had I just left and choose God instead. Why? Because I put myself through a lot of abuse and therefore I resented him. I hate him. I hate what he's done to me and how he's embarrassed me.  I still hate him even now. Its kind of diabolical actually. On one hand, I care about him, for him, my heart melts when I think of him. But when I reflect on the things he's done and his foolish ways a rage rises up in me and I want instant vindication. BUT God will vindicate me. God will take care of me. Hopefully my husband does not have to get exposed and I hope that we can be okay. But the bad that he has done has lessened considerably over the years. In fact, many of his bad traits are undetectable. He's grown up. BUT Ive held on to the past.

So I want to move forward in delight. Okay so my husband does not have a good sense of humor...what does he have that I cherish? He is responsible...so I will think on those things, delight in those things and think up on what I can do to help him so that I can find my joy in the lord.

The Love Dare that I completed where many fold. i made a flyer for our event and I volunteered to hand them out all over the complex. He was so proud and happy, very excited. I give myself an A+ because I would normally never want to do this but I volunteered and we did it together and I had a goood attitude about it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment