Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Day 12: Love lets the other win: Allowing
I am as stubborn as an OX!! I've always sought my own way. There are times when I definitely give in to my husband BUT when I feel like it.
Philippians 2:5 says the attitude of willingness, flexibility, and humble submission. It means laying down for the good of others.
God had every right to refuse becoming a man yet He yielded and did--because He was willing. He had the right to be served by all mankind but came to serve us instead. He had the right to live in peace and safety but willingly laid down His life for our sins. He was even willing to endure the grueling torture of the cross. He loved, cooperated, and was willing to do His Father's will instead of His own.
Galations 6:9 says do not get weary in well doing. We will reap the harvest IF we do not give up. How sad would it be for me to lose so much if I give up right now. I have to press on.
Today's Dare
Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.
What issue did you choose? What did giving in cost you? How will this help you in the future?
Yesterday, I made my chocolate bear some Labouie its a Haitian dish that is made with jiffy corn, lots of milk, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Its thick, creamy, sweet and yummy. Perfect Fall breakfast.
Today, he wanted some more. But i didn't feel like doing it. I did it anyway. And at Church, I wanted to be up front but he wanted to sit in the back because he was tired. I was upset about that....but went to the back anyway. I am still learning to have the attitude of Christ. He could have spat on the people who spat on him and I think just about everyone would understand he was frustrated. But he took a humble approach. A Flexible approach to the changes. He was going from walking around freely to being held captive and he submitted to this for the greater good.
I give myself a C+ today because I gave in to two things, one thing I was more light hearted about, but the second thing I was not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment