Saturday, November 2, 2013

Day 10: Love is Unconditional: Acceptance

Unconditional love is a huuuggeee issue for me. I am a very justice oriented person. Fair is Fair...right is right...even steven!

These are MY philosophies and God's too...to a POINT! God has BALANCE!
I will prove it.

Concerning Sin
1. Everyone will have to account for their sin.
2. A judgment will be made and many will go to hell.

HOWEVER

1. God had Jesus die for our sins to blot out our transgressions
2. God gives us  so much grace on earth

So God's law/judgment is JUST. Our? Not so much lol. God does not want a bunch of vigilanties running around. As a matter of fact, you know what happens to people who try to get justice into their own hands going around the justice system? They go to JAIL! lol There must be order. *gavel pounding sounds here*

Acceptance
I have a terrible acceptance issue, surprisingly. Which is really a tolerance issue, which is also a temper issue. YIKES!

From the Marriage Eval
The goal is to love your spouse unconditionally—praising them often, allowing them to fail, remaining patient until they see the need for change themselves, and being an encourager, not on the attack.

Today's Dare
Do something special for your spouse, something that shows it is based on your choice, your love for them and nothing else. 

My outcome. I'd rate myself a 6.5

Today I chose to do some meal prep. My husband wants to go to the academy so he will probably be dropping 10-15lbs of fat and maybe work on gaining 10lbs of muscle. We want to work on his strength, his agility and endurance. And for that he needs fuel, real meals! No more frozen dinners and no snacks (which is what he ate in H.S.) He loves my home cooked meals so I made a BUNCH of healthy stuff. (meat loaf, braised chicken, roasted cauliflower, cilantro & lemon succotash, italian potato coins, kobacha squash) annnndd I kept the entire kitchen clean!

He has plenty of protein and veggies and we are going light on the carbs!
After all I did...all the cleaning, cooking, I was having some friends over and he got nit picky..."don't forget to clean the bathroom and the sink and move all that hair out of there...get this magazine off the table. I got so mad. He tried to hug me and I pulled away from him. He asked me "why are you so grrrr" and he made like a rigid gesture to mimic me. I didn't respond because my husband really doesn't want to listen to me anyway. He really doesn't. Most people don't want to listen, they want to be heard. What his real question was, is why do you act like that and treat me like this when I don't deserve it. My logic? When you slap someone and they slap you back...you don't wonder why they slap you back...you KNOW! you slapped them first or said something or whatever....you know its not random.

This shows me he is unaware of what he does. He disgusts me for his lack of awareness really. I have to change my attitude toward him and learn to accept him. So in closing. I started out a 10 until he started actin a fool and I lashed out. I gave myself a 6.5 because I was silent about it and didn't fuss out loud making things worse like I usually do. So C-

No comments:

Post a Comment