Monday, October 21, 2013

Marriage Evaluation (Pre-Dare)



I was thinking about doing the Love Dare. Is that something you would recommend pastor?
Yes-I dare you to do it---lol
Lol :) dare accepted.
The above is a text conversation I had with my Pastor. I've officially been dared! I'm actually quite scared. I'm wondering if I'm really going to commit to this 40 day thing? What if it doesn't work? It has to work. I need this to work. My husband has been the 'band' around our marriage for some time now. It's time that I join him on making us work.

First we start off with a marriage evaluation.

About the Evaluation

The point of this evaluation is not to get a score number, but to grow and learn. To make a choice. The choice to love. To keep working, believing, changing, forgiving. Continually getting better at loving your spouse well.

So once you've answered these few simple questions, take advantage of everything listed in your feedback report. And be sure to come back soon, as often as you like, to take the evaluation again and track your progress.

This test is just for you. So be honest. Be yourself. Let it feel like a fresh start.
Dare to love.


My Score: 401/1000 
hahaha oh boy- have we got some work to DO!

Clear Weakness
1. Attention 36/143 (Days 3,4,18,30 & 31 will help me in this area)
2. Apology 29/143 (Days 5, 13, 25, 26, 35, & 40 will help me in this area)
3. Abiding 29/143  (Days 19-21, 29 & 36 will help me in this area)

Likely Weakness
 1. Acceptance 71/143 (Days 1, 6, 10, 17, 27, 37, 39)
2. Appreciation/affirmation 64/143 ( Days 7, 11, 15, 23, 34)
3. Affection 79/143 (Days 2, 9, 14, 22, 24, 32)

Likely Strength
1. Allowing 93/143 (Days 8, 12, 16, 28, 33, 38 will help solidify this strength)

Just as I expected. I told you--i'm a bad wife! Don't be offended by this statement. Its like a fat person saying "i'm overweight" and eveerryyoonne wants to say "no no, you're fine, you're big boned"...how about nooo...IM OVERWEIGHT...FAT. Get over it! If I don't acknowledge where I am how can I make a proper adjustment?

By faith, I'm an outstanding wife, woman of God and mother! My husband adores me, he is blessed and his friends call him blessed. I hear from God and I exercise wisdom all the days of my life. I am a doer of the word, not a hearer only. I reflect Gods light and people come to me for assistance and I provide tough love and gentleness-as the Lord leads. My future children, they call me blessed. I learn them, know them intricately each of them and I love them dearly.


My Goal
My goal is to have some CLEAR strengths! In the GREEN!!! I will take this evaluation test again once I've completed the dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment