I've been busy these past few days. I've read my chapters but I haven't journaled. But you know what? I'm back tracking a bit because my marriage deserves the attention!
I want to make sure I track my emotions, my experience. I would have been on day 9 but here I am day 7.
Love believes the Best!
The appreciation room.This is where I store my positive thoughts about Patrick. I used to spend a lot ALOT of time in this room. I used to meditate in there, smile in there twirl around in my Saturday brunch dress. But then love got ugly...I started to take some things and put it in the depreciation room. Now I rest in there, sleep in there, write all kinds of nasty things on the walls about him in there. in that room he doesn't even have a name I refer to him as "him" He...my husband. He hurt me to my core and I read everything and weep. I resent him. He couldn't meet my expectations.
Love refuses to fill the unknowns with negative thoughts!
Wow! The only time you should go in the depreciation room is to know how to pray for your spouse.
Its time for me to live in the appreciation room of Patrick. All the things I appreciate about him.
I must develop the habit of reining in my negative thoughts...focus on the positive attributes.
He is a living breathing endless book to be read. Dreams and hopes have yet to be realized. I can help him discover his talents and abilities...like hidden treasure and we can have FUN!
Appreciation
None of us entered into marriage wanting to tear down and wound our spouse's esteem. And yet time and human nature will inevitably lead us there unless we actively begin to notice, appreciate, and affirm the positive qualities present in our spouse. Where this is a struggle for you, take time often to rehearse and be thankful for their strengths and uniqueness. Become diligent in protecting them from words that would harm or embarrass them. Tell them every day how valuable they are to you, and endeavor to treat them with greater honor than you do anyone else in the world.
Some helpful verses for you to look up and glean counsel from:
No comments:
Post a Comment