Bad wife rule # (I don't know)-I am DEFINITELY RUDE. I am a NY girl and Rude is FUN! We laugh at the big ol Italian men or grandmothers sockin it to ya with tough love! Its funny-its honest. And because of those 2 things (funny and honest) its seems alright. But God has called the good wife to be honest, loving, meek. You are not to slander your husband. But I have. I delight in it because it is immediate justice to me. I say "God...move outta the way I got this one." I'm like a one woman volleyball team. Soon as the ball gets served I run left, I run right and I push all players out of the way because im the....SUPER STAR!!! "I got it, I got it" Poof the ball hits the ground "I don't got it" that is the story of my life. So how do I feel like I am winning when I gotta lose to love? What is it God? Why do I have to take the back seat. I do it, I can do it even now. BUT I DONT WANNA because ITS NOT FAIR!! Love is not fair...it keeps no record of wrong, it is long suffering. SHOOT! DARNIT whhhhyy can't love just beee about my needs??? what I want, my demands whhyyy. Am I alone in this?
The Truth
The truth i need to learn about love, is that I won't be taken advantage of. I'm rude because Im putting up my brick walls to say--you cannot penetrate and Im going to hurt you before you hurt me! That used to work for me on the school yard, and with my sisters...but its not working for my marriage. Truth is, it never really worked. I had to get right with my sisters once before. Now, we are harmonious.
Genuine Love minds its manners
Welp, My attitude was outreageous. We both said some uncessary things and I just spazzed. Lost it on numerous occasions. But later in the day, I apologized profusely. I shared my fears and concerns...and then we were okay. I know I am starting out in seed form. One day at a time, I will grow. So I just have to be patient with myself.
Today's Dare:
Ask my husband what are the 3 things that I do that irritate him the most.
1. i'm not serious about the things of God. I consider my wants way too much.
2. too concerned about the worlds business, perephial things, issues my friends are having etc. I need to prioritize myself.
3. I dont allow him to be the leader of the pack.
Apology 29/143
Prideful people do not apologize, and
stubborn pride in a marriage is toxic. And only authentic love will humble itself to apologize for a
simple mistake, a hurtful word, or a damaging deed. Pride makes excuses
for our behavior, defends and justifies it, or shifts the blame for it
elsewhere. But the health of your marriage depends upon your willingness
to look first at your own faults and take full responsibility for your
unloving words and actions. Genuine apologies break down walls and open
doors to forgiveness and reconciliation. The Love Dare book will lead you to take some "dares" that may be uncomfortable but are absolutely imperative. Things like specifically asking your spouse to tell you—without taking offense at what they say—what you do that irritates or hurts them. You'll be challenged to set up ground rules for how you handle the potential arguments that arise from life's inevitable conflicts. And no matter how your spouse initially responds to your apology, give it anyway—and determine to show by subsequent attitudes and actions that your apology was sincere.
Some helpful verses that can contribute to greater openness and honesty between you:
No comments:
Post a Comment