Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 27: Love Encourages: Acceptance

My frustrations, in part, are due to my high expectations. I cannot expect my husband to read my mind. I am a sensous person, I love all things that are beautiful, set to a high standard. I enjoy those things so I have to live it.

There is another part to me that likes group think. So if my husband isn't not thinking that than I lean toward what he wants--the shabby life. BUT that is self sabotage. I need to disconnect from what he thinks/wants and connect o what I think/want.

I need to let my husband know that I have evolved and that childlike innocense of following blindly will not always happen in our marraige.

I am going to live my life by encouraging myself and him too. If I stop being hard on myself--I won't be too hard on others.

Love is about personal responsibility and improving ourselves rathers than demanding more from others.

Ever wonder why your spouse is the complete opposite? Love challenges you to deal with your mate by encouraging and building, not be exhausting and belittling.

The bible says "Encourage the exhusted, and strengthen the feeble" (Isaiah 35:3)

Today's Dare:

Eliminate the poison of unrealistic expectations in my home. Think of one or two areas where your spouse has told you that you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it. Praise them for something positive and assure them of your unconditional love.

He says that I am a deep thinker and he does not think as deep as me and there are times where I want him to make sense to me or use his words wisely. this is a struggle for him--ongoing. Something that may never change

No comments:

Post a Comment